Sunday, June 13, 2010

Trying to bone-up



I searched the web for tutorials on painting so I could take some crash courses and finish the Forbes portrait. I found this one and got started on it then checked in on the Jam on drawingboard and much to my surprise the guy that runs the site "Em" had, by chance, picked the same image for his contribution. Not only that, he finished his while I was sitting there with a half baked sketch and a partially digested lesson.

Needless to say it took all the wind out of my sails, I wasn't about to post the same image. That would be like signing up for Tee time and after you got your equipment together and got out on the green you see Tiger Woods just hit a hole in one from there. Or showing up at a party wearing the same outfit as someone else. I didn't even finish the tutorial, which was basically laying down some color then using the blend tool to get smooth transitions in the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment