Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Immaculate Mrs Peel

Again logging my journey to bettering my art skills but this time I want to try to be a little more informative in regards to the process' of digital painting. I've always thought the program Painter was cool, but if you've ever seen it and the choices you have available to get the end result is mind-boggling. I've also fancied Art Rage, Sketchbook Pro, and I use Photoshop for work with a 12 inch WACOM Cintiq graphics tablet so I'm pushing myself to learn these apps.

There was a drawing jam started on drawingboard.org of Diana Rigg and I contributed this which I did using Photoshop and falling back on my techniques of coloring with colored pencils. I posted the piece and got back the critique that it was good but it looks like it was done with poster paint (I agree).

Process: I drew the image then added color from the swatch in Photoshop, using the smudge tool to try and blend the colors together. In the same way I would with the Prismacolor pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment