Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Catching up with posts

I didn't realize I had so many that I hadn't posted. Just finished Tully yesterday, tried a tutorial for drawing hair. It started out okay then it started looking bad, so I erased it all and started again. Still didn't feel like it was going the way I wanted but I stayed with it and improvised here and there. I think it works well enough.
Tully

Adam: Commission
Had a fund raiser for my daughters school and put it in the company's mail room with a sign stating anyone donating $20 or more would get a caricature by me. This one is kind of different from the others in my gallery this one started in color instead of the gray values. I had the initial sketch done but wanted to see if I could get it done over the weekend.

Dave & Dad: Commission
A friend at work who lost his dad about a year ago asked if I would draw a portrait of his dad and him, said he didn't have very many pictures of him and less that any better that this. As I'm posting this I remember he owes me lunch at a Sushi shop.

Kap & Brooke: Commission
Co-worker and his fiancé. Final was printed on canvas and given to her for Christmas.

Debbie
I knew this day would come, when I would have to do a caricature of the Commander and Chief. The CEO of our agency has been feeling under-the-weather and we planned to send her a "cheer me up" each week, with a caricature pasted on white board allowing for well wishes to be penned all around.

Charlene: Commission
Had a fund raiser for my daughters school and put it in the company's mail room with a sign stating anyone donating $20 or more would get a caricature by me. Charlene missed the opportunity but I told her I'd draw it anyway and throw her 20 in the next fund raiser my daughter has.

No comments:

Post a Comment