Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aunt Barb WIP

A friend (one that I can physically see and talk to… ooh Facebook-jab!) ask me if I could put together photographic collage of her deceased mother and deceased aunt. I agreed to but when she gave me the photos her aunts photo was a photoCOPY of a photocopy (and probably one more generation photocopied.) I told her I needed the original photo. Then she brought me a 5x7 but it was just a photo print she had made from the photocopy : ( 

I tried again to explain to her that putting her mothers photograph (which was a studio taken shot) next to this photocopy is not going to look good. She told me that that was all she had of her aunt "dressed nice". So at the start of a vacation week I remembered that my uncle kind of had the same situation many years ago with a bad photo of his dad (grandpa on my mothers side) so he got someone to paint a portrait in which the artist used my uncles face to fill in the unclear areas of the photo (like the eyes). So I thought maybe I could do the same.

Aunt Barb WIP
Aunt Barb Process

No comments:

Post a Comment